Video call Speaking tests
Same speaking experience. Same certified examiners. Same test you trust.
Get ready for test day
This IELTS centre offers the facility of Video Call Speaking Tests. That means you can take your Speaking test at an IELTS test centre, via a high-definition video call with a certified examiner.
How does the video call Speaking test work?
- On test day, we guide you through IELTS’ worldleading security and identity verification systems.
- The test will be delivered over video call by a certified, expert Speaking examiner, enabling reallife, real-time, two-way communication, just like in the real world.
- The video call Speaking test is exactly the same as the in-person Speaking test in terms of content, scoring, timing, question format and security arrangements.
How is the video call Speaking test delivered?
- An IELTS team member will guide you to your Speaking test room and verify your identity.
- Once you have your noise cancelling headset on, you can start your Speaking test on a high-definition video call with an examiner who is based in another test centre.
- You can expect crystal clear sound, secure fast connections and real-life conversations.
- Speak at your normal volume and pace.
- You can see the examiner, and the examiner can see you, so maintain normal eye contact.
- Always feel free to ask the examiner if you do not understand something. We are here for you.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth or any stationery items during the test.
- You do not need to touch any of the equipment, our team will do that for you.
- Get involved in the interview – show off your full language skills, this is your test!
My experience was very good as the quality of video call was very good and staff members are also very nice. Overall it was a great experience. Jay, IELTS test taker
Video call Speaking tests are only available in a select number of centres. If you have any queries, please contact your test centre staff.